Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Last Minute A-Type Personality

I have decided that I have the best of intentions to get things done WELL in advance. I had the best intentions to do all or any of the following today:

1) Make homemade bread.
2) Make homemade Nestle Quik syrup for Rory.
3) Do ALL of the laundry.
4) Have my entire week planned out at AES.
5) Work with Rory on his letter sounds and start some sight words.
6) Do one project off of Pinterest.
7) Cook a chicken.
8) Sweep and Wash all of the floors.
9) De-clutter my bedroom.
10) Finish the amazing book that I have been reading since the summer.

Even with the best of intentions and an uninterrupted weekend, I did the following:

1) Made to-do lists.
2) Made an assessment chart for the unit plan I wanted to get done (charts look cool and make me feel organized).
3) Made a grocery list.
4) Piled the books beside my bed that I promised I would start on Monday.
5) Did all but one load of laundry.
6) Went looking for Rory's skates and then got distracted finding a pair of mittens and his Jets jersey that I had forgotten about.
7) THOUGHT about the meals I want to prepare for the freezer for when Sandra has her knee surgery next week so I can help out.

See?! I have all the qualities of the A-type personality. I WANT to be organized. I THINK about being organized. I PIN all sorts of organizational ideas for my home and life. I RESEARCH unit ideas.

Meh. Who am I kidding? I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend of road tripping to Grunthal, drinking home made wine, going to bed when I wanted to, and attending the APAC supper and being pleasantly surprised to see my Great Aunt Alice there. I got lost on the NASA website, I ate nothing I had cooked myself, I made Kennedy practice her guitar. I texted my husband. I played Monopoly Jr with Rory. I listened to Kennedy read. It was awesome.

I think I will make my own personality rating system...I want to be a type K....somewhere in the middle of the alphabet where I don't have to be so stressed about getting my life on a better organizational scheme and where I am not a complete and total loss. K - where 'to do' lists happen, but so does life.

1 comment:

  1. I love to make to do lits BUT since Ali came along I have learned to not set goals for my day so then when something actually gets done I feel like I have accomplished LOTS!! ha ha. Or if I do set goals, they are minimal. Lots of times you have to just fly by the seat of your pants and let life take over.

    ReplyDelete