Sunday, October 7, 2012

School Pictures...Such Fun!

I had a great blog title all ready for tonight but then my brother gave me a hard time about skipping last night's "Blogtober" Post, so I changed my mind. I dedicate this blog post to my youngest brother.

I am disgusted with my daughter. She really has no fun in her sometimes. Sometimes she even rolls her eyes at me. You would think that I am the worst, most embarrassing, most ridiculous mother on the planet.

Actually, I am.

I am proud of it.

Tonight I taught Rory the Gangham Style Dance. Would Kennedy try? Nnnnooooooo. She rolled her eyes.

I can accept this. She thinks she was being all cool, but I know she is going to try it when no one else is looking. In fact I trailed her for a few minutes and every time she caught me, I would say I was just checking to see if she was doing the dance. More eye rolling.

Kennedy announced to the world that she was riding home with Mom (we had two vehicles at Thanksgiving) because we would listen to loud music. I told her I was listening to romantic ballads these days.

More eye rolling. Even an exasperated *SIGH*

But the icing on the cake was when we were cruising through pictures on Uncle Jeff's computer and she commented, "Mom, you are too strange."

I thought it would be funny to have Jeff take MY school picture. Donning my BU sweater and holding an apple in my hand, I sat in a tiny old desk and smiled at the camera. My Mom's fridge is going to look SO awesome with her daughter's school picture on it. I am practically giddy to hang it up there and wait for the reaction.

But Kennedy and Rory's pictures do outshine mine :)

But going back to the icing on the cake (mmmmm...cake....) - Upon hearing that I was 'too strange' I felt like I had to explain myself. So I did. My question for her:

"Why does being a grown up mean you can't have fun?"

On the way home, we were listening to Adam Cohen's "What Other Man." After, I asked what she wanted to listen to. Her response? "You know Mom, you are having fun, and I like listening to what you listen to. Pick whatever you like."

I rolled my eyes.

What a gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment