Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October Weddings.

I felt inspired to write a little 'diddy' on Steve tonight. You see, 10 years ago I was prepping for our big wedding and today I spent some time helping someone else get ready for theirs. It brought back a lot of memories. I spent the hour ride home from Brandon listening to romantic tunes on behalf of the bride and being melted into a pan of mush as I reflected on the last 10 years...

Listen to Eric Church's "You Make it Look So Easy" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghtkOWTWTHw

Wedding songs have come so far in the last decade. I mean sure, we had "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden and "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams but WOW! I never cease to be amazed by the wonderful selections that people choose for their wedding. Each one is as unique as the couple. I think too, that more male artists are able to put their feelings into their songs and so we have this new generation of romantic tunes that place unrealistic expectations on our poor husbands...

Download Steve singing a romantic ballad here: (we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, try again later)

Truthfully though, played periodically on the radio during the day, romantic ballads remind me of the important words we all need to hear: sung or danced or whispered or screamed at the top of a hill. Sometimes these words can be said by simply cranking up the tune and grabbing for the other's hand. 

Song Steve recently cranked and sang along too: Ghostbusters.

But the fact that he knows he can feel comfortable doing that, and chances are I will sing along....tells me a LOT about our marriage :)

I wish the Bride and Groom to Be a very heartfelt wish for some singing along to Ghostbusters, some dancing to Eric Church and some whispered I love you's. Remember to breath, to take time for one another...and that your wedding is a celebration of you, so have fun! Congrats Jackie and Jay !

No comments:

Post a Comment