Friday, September 6, 2013

On turning 29 and 363 days

I am not in my 30's. Just for the record.

I did, however, enjoy a good giggle this morning when my sister in law texted me "Happy Birthday". I was practically on cloud 9 to write back "Thank you, but it is not my birthday."

But turning 30 is better than the alternative. And I always felt that 30 would be the ideal age. Too bad I am not 30.

Steve has been 30 forEVER. He seems to be handling it well.

I used to lie about my age so people would take me seriously. Now I realize that not many will ever take me seriously...but I am going to keep lying about my age so that I can at least be ID'd.

One of my students guessed my age to be 50 today when I received a beautiful bouquet in my classroom.

I kindly explained that it was a celebration of my 29 and 363days birthday.

Okay, so if I ever do turn 30, here is what I want for the day:

1) It to be on a Sunday so I can sleep in and be at home with my awesome kids.
2) For it to be during the most beautiful month of the year.


I am not hard to please.

But I am not 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment