Friday, April 12, 2013

The 352

Sometimes I go really slow and weave and wander around all of the pot holes and bumps. I really do like to take care of the Escape. Sometimes though, I am in a rush and I forget the unmarked holes and I hit them a little harder than I intend. Okay, seriously...if you have been on this road...you know that the whole pothole is actually a road. 

The road drives me crazy. Sometimes I can ignore the bumps and the holes and the dust that make it such a miserable road and I smile about things I could be doing or should be doing or wishes or dreams. Sometimes I crank the tunes and sing. I plan trips to Lunenburg and cabins by the lake. Sometimes I just chuckle that they played "Good Time" again and wonder if Jeff has heard it on his alarm. We joke that they play it every morning.

Sometimes it takes FOREVER to get home with all of the weaving and wandering (and the cursing when I hit the odd hole). Sometimes I get home very angry and bitter but I park the Escape in the garage and we both sigh with relief over the daily drive is over.

Thank goodness I have a good mechanic that looks after the needs of my Escape.

But I know that other roads are just as bumpy.
I know that sometimes it is okay to ignore how rough the road ahead is.
I believe that sometimes it is satisfying to meet those bumps head on.
And sometimes it is okay to curse when you forget about a bump that is not marked out. 
In the end I know that all of the repair people I need are within easy reach.

And someday...after driving over all of the bumps, I know I will wake up and find that the road is smooth. For a day or two. And there will be celebrating. Besides, despite the bumps along the way, I always seem to get where I want to go.

1 comment:

  1. There are days when I am Thankful for my short distance of country road but then again there are days when I wish we lived further away from civilization!

    ReplyDelete